Monday, November 4, 2013

Menu Plan Monday

It looks like winter has officially arrived. I am sure I would not miss winter if it never came :-).
I finished my monthly shopping trip this past weekend. It's always a huge, exhausting ordeal, but I'm glad it's over with for the month, and it is nice to have lots of fresh fruits & veggies in the house again.

Here's what our menu looks like this week:

Suppers

Monday: Sour Cream Noodle Bake & Steamed Carrots (NEW) (don't tell my husband what's in this casserole...pretty sure he won't notice the sour cream and cottage cheese, but we'll see :-D)

Tuesday:  Leftovers

Wednesday: BLT's & Potato Wedges

Thursday: Dijon Chicken (NEW), Herbed Rice, & Steamed Asparagus

Friday: Pizza Hut Copycat Pan Pizza (NEW) & Caesar Salad

Saturday: Potato Soup & Favourite Baking Powder Biscuits

Sunday: Leftovers


Lunches This Week
Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup (modified this recipe slightly)
Vegetable Soup & Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (eat this 2 times for lunch this week)
Tuna Salad Sandwiches & Fresh Fruit
Cheese Quesadillas & Fresh Fruit & Veggies
Mac N' Cheese with Mixed Veggies
Leftovers

Breakfasts
We eat very simple breakfasts. The kids usually have toast & fruit or a fruit smoothie. On Sundays, they have cereal & milk. Hubby usually has bread with jam every morning. I am the only one who likes to mix it up a bit more. My typical breakfast choices are scrambled eggs & cheese in a whole wheat tortilla, toast & fruit, a yogurt fruit smoothie, or oatmeal. On Saturday mornings, I usually make pancakes for the whole family.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

It's funny because I was thinking of doing the same thing on my blog "Meal Time Monday" but have not done it yet. I assumed it was not original but now I know for sure :) :)

It's always a blessing and a great help to know what's coming up for the week. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...