Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Menu Plan This Week

Last week, my menu was changed up a little bit because my Dad came over and surprised us with a rotisserie chicken, which was so nice. So, I ended up making a huge batch of chicken noodle soup with the bones/scraps and then shredding the rest of the meat and saving it for later use. Mennonite style chicken noodle soup is my absolute favourite way to make it, seasoned with onion, carrots, celery, ginger, star anise, peppercorns, salt, and cloves served with lots of fine egg noodles. The sour cream noodle bake was just okay. I probably wouldn't make it again. The Pizza Hut copycat recipe was pretty good and made a very thick, golden crust, but I will likely stick to my simpler pizza dough recipe for the most part. In an effort to keep this pregnancy weight gain to 40- 55 pounds instead of 60-75 pounds, which is where I'm heading if things don't change, I am trying to eat a bit healthier and use a few Trim Healthy Mama (THM) principles throughout the day even though I'm still eating off-plan most of the time. I'm aiming for 1 or 2 on-plan meals a day (S, E, or cross-over) and then trying to choose healthier snacks instead of my typical junk food choices.

Here's the plan for this week:

Monday: Cheeseburger Pie, Mashed Potatoes, & Tossed Salad (This was my first time making this, and my husband really liked it. He was surprised when I told him it was a THM recipe. I skipped the mashed potatoes to keep it "S").

Tuesday: Leftovers

Wednesday: Dijon Chicken, Brown Rice, Tossed Salad, Steamed Asparagus

Thursday: BLT Sandwiches & Potato Wedges

Friday: Homemade Pizza

Saturday: Potato Soup & Biscuits

Sunday: Leftovers

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...